Mapplewell Primary is part of HCAT academy trust. Please click here for HCAT trustees and members information.
Further information regarding HCAT governance structure can be found by clicking here.
Click here for our Governance Arrangements that outlines the structure and remit of the trust’s members, board of trustees, committees and local governing bodies (the trust’s scheme of delegation for governance functions), and the full names of the chair of each Governing Body.
- Developing the strategic plan for the school
- Determining aims, policies and priorities for the school
- Approving the school budget
- Appointment and dismissal of staff
- Setting statutory and non-statutory targets
- Monitoring and evaluating the work of the school
- Drafting the school profile.
- Reviewing progress against the school’s budget and objectives
- Securing high levels of attendance and good standards of pupil behaviour
- Ensuring pupils have access to a broad and balanced curriculum, to prepare them for the future
- Maintenance of school buildings
- Ensuring the health and safety of pupils and staff
Mapplewell Primary Governing Body comprises of community governors, local authority governors, parent governors and staff governors.
The Different Types of Governors